Childhelp Youth Advisory Committee (YAC)
Thank you for your interest in participating in the very first Youth Advisory Committee for the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline.
The goal of the Childhelp Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) is to bring together a group of young adults, aged 18-24, with diverse abilities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds from across the United States to provide valuable input and feedback to hotline services. YAC members will provide a voice about the most helpful ways Childhelp can reach and work with youth who have experienced maltreatment and/or trauma; individuals with lived experience in the child welfare system are encouraged to apply!
The YAC will be active between February 2023 and Summer 2023.
Due to overwhelming response and an influx of many wonderful candidates, we have reached capacity with applicants. Thank you again for your interest in supporting hotline services.
- Respond to emails promptly
- Attend a minimum of four monthly virtual meetings (45-60 minutes in length)
- Participate in the virtual meetings with your camera on
- Participate in group conversations to share ideas, feedback, and suggestions
- $25 Amazon Gift Card at the completion of each of the meetings
- Contribute to the community through improving services that support youth
- Enhance your resume, college application, and/or scholarship applications by including your participation in the YAC